We care. We share.
Our COVID-19 efforts
The COVID-19 pandemic is unlike what the world has seen before. The world ground to a halt without warning. This invisible foe is proving to be more formidable and fearsome than any conquering army. The first to rush in our defense were our health workers, the front liners. Unlike the trenches of World War I, the front line is not clear and cannot be marked in any map. This unseen enemy fell many in the first wave of front liners who courageously met this vicious enemy head-on without any protective gear or equipment. Many still don’t have the barest minimum protection. Donations of equipment, food, and supplies are pouring in, yet there can never be more than enough. This benevolence gives hope and encouragement.. The pandemic has become personal to many because almost all have a friend, a neighbor, a daughter or a son, or know of somebody who is in the front lines fighting the battle for us As this battle rages, we will be donating a portion of the course fees collected to organizations leading the efforts to supply medical and safety supplies to front liners. We will continue to update this page documenting our efforts and sharing ways we can help.
How everyone can help
- Practice social distancing and encourage others to do the same
- Observe personal hygiene
- Support local businesses; be reasonable in asking for discounts
- If you have the means, offer to run errands for high risk individuals
- Donate any amount to the COVID-19 effort
- Do not share gossip and unverified information
- Share good news and uplift those who suffer from anxiety
- Buy only what you need; don’t buy in panic or horde
- Use available technology and social media responsibly to connect with friends, family and colleagues
- Learn new skills and don’t waste time in isolation
- Be hopeful
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.