Environment of Accounting
We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
Although a relatively young profession, accounting dates back to the birth of civilization. Early on man learned how to count and measure using fingers, beads and sticks. Environmental influences helped in the development of accounting.
- Availability of course anytime, anywhere in any internet enabled device
- Affordable; easy checkout and enrollment process; immediate access to course; enrollment through internet banking, over-the counter-payment in Bayad Centers or thousands of money remittance locations nationwide
- Note-taking capability at the front end; ability to download or print own notes for later review
- Interactive quizzes and activities to test knowledge and recall of key concepts
- Online discussion for collaborative learning and building an online community
- Private one-on-one consultation with group leader, teacher, or subject matter expert; by appointment
- Free downloadable E-Book at end of course for future review and reference
- Direct access from site to scheduled live interaction, online group meetings, or webinars, as scheduled
- Administrative tools for group leaders and teachers for class management and monitoring; detailed reports of student performance
Why this course
Knowledge of history is an important guide to understanding the present and anticipating the future. Accounting is unlike natural phenomenon, or the sciences that explain why matter behaves in certain ways. Accounting evolved in an environment that is constantly changing. Developments in the past influenced the profession’s practices. When past events seem to be happening again. recalling the past often helps.
What you will learn
The course traces the development of accounting from ancient history to the present. It describes significant eras and the impact of certain events on accounting. Facilitators, initiators, and influencers contributed to accounting’s growth in many ways. The course also covers the branches of accounting and the career opportunities available to the accountant. You will learn to appreciate accounting as a distinguished profession in the service of society