Introduction to Accounting
Life is like accounting; everything must be balanced.
Understanding something is first knowing it. Definitions are good starting points for deeper study. There are several definitions of accounting, each presenting a different perspective, equally relevant in certain contexts.
- Availability of course anytime, anywhere in any internet enabled device
- Affordable; easy checkout and enrollment process; immediate access to course; enrollment through internet banking, over-the counter-payment in Bayad Centers or thousands of money remittance locations nationwide
- Note-taking capability at the front end; ability to download or print own notes for later review
- Interactive quizzes and activities to test knowledge and recall of key concepts
- Online discussion for collaborative learning and building an online community
- Private one-on-one consultation with group leader, teacher, or subject matter expert; by appointment
- Free downloadable E-Book at end of course for future review and reference
- Direct access from site to scheduled live interaction, online group meetings, or webinars, as scheduled
- Administrative tools for group leaders and teachers for class management and monitoring; detailed reports of student performance
Why this course
A famous author wrote that effective people begin with the end in mind. They understand the objective of why something is done. The same is true with the study of accounting. For effective learning, it must begin with the end in mind. It is unthinkable to do something without knowing why it is done. This course defines accounting from a service perspective.
What you will learn
The course introduces some of the most common definitions of accounting, with emphasis on accounting as a service activity and its implication on quality and standards. You will be able to appreciate the service perspective of accounting and its implication on quality and standards,. You will be able to understand the characteristics of accounting inherent in its nature, processes, and activities.